Our Vision and Policies
At Natural Steps we encourage children to become lifelong learners by developing intellectual curiosity and a thirst for discovery and achievement. We strive to create a diverse community that fosters mutual respect and social responsibility, enhanced by a strong partnership between home and the Centre.
We encourage and support children to become
lifelong learners by developing intellectual curiosity and a thirst
for discovery and achievement.
Read Our Philosophy+
- We strive to create a diverse community that fosters mutual respect and social responsibility, enhanced by a strong partnership between home and the centre.
- Our curriculum supports children to set the pace for their own learning and develop according to individual and group interests.
- We believe each and every child has the potential to bring something unique and special to the world. Our role is to assist children to develop a sense of themselves as capable and confident learners.
- The learning environment is stimulating and inviting and gives children independent access to a wide range of equipment and resources.
- We are committed to developing respectful relationships, valuing open communication and promoting inclusiveness in all that we do.
- We are dedicated professionals providing a quality teaching and learning environment.
- We are committed to ongoing professional development and to maintaining a high level of trained and registered teachers thus ensuring we offer a high quality programme.
- We treasure the natural environment. By reducing, re-using and recycling, we hope to minimize our impact on the planet. We aim for sustainability and to provide opportunities for children to connect with nature and love the earth.
- We acknowledge Te Whàriki, the New Zealand Early Childhood Curriculum, as the framework for everything we do as teachers
- Along with the use of Te Whāriki, we incorporate aspects of the Emmi Pikler Approach and the Reggio Emilia Approach into our programme.
- We acknowledge Te Tiriti o Waitangi as the founding document of Aotearoa New Zealand, and are committed to embracing our bi-cultural heritage.
Our Guiding Values
At Natural Steps all our policies, practises,
Annual Management Plan, audited annual accounts and ERO
Review is available at the centre.
Building self-esteem through authentic meaningful relationships.
creating connections and being part of a group.
Celebrating every child's achievements.
Encouraging and developing the confidence to keep trying.
We would love to have you and your child as part of the family. Enrol with us today and start your child's Natural steps into early childhood education.